Kerala spices have been used for centuries in Indian cuisine and are known for their unique flavor, aroma, and health benefits. Here are some of the most common uses of Kerala spices:
1. Flavoring: Kerala spices are used to add flavor and aroma to various dishes. For instance, black pepper is used to add heat and flavor to curries, while cardamom is used to add a sweet, floral flavor to desserts.
2. Preserving: Some Kerala spices such as turmeric, cinnamon, and cloves are known for their preservative properties. They are used in pickles, chutneys, and other preserved foods to extend their shelf life.
3. Medicinal Uses: Kerala spices have long been used in Ayurvedic medicine for their various health benefits. For instance, turmeric is used for its anti-inflammatory properties, while ginger is used for digestive issues.
4. Aromatic Uses: Kerala spices such as cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom are used in perfumes, soaps, and other cosmetic products for their pleasing aroma.
5. Tea and Beverages: Kerala spices are also used to make traditional Indian tea, known as chai. The tea is brewed with spices such as ginger, cinnamon, and cardamom, and is enjoyed as a warming and soothing beverage.
Overall, Kerala spices are incredibly versatile and can be used in a wide range of dishes and products. They are an essential ingredient in Indian cuisine and are enjoyed all over the world for their unique taste and aroma.
buy quality kerala spices online visit www.spiceswala.com